keep on eating...really. eat more.


Our second meal of Saturday was epic in its own right. After perusing her restaurant choices online, Food Blogger settled on Catfish. Rather than the menu promising you one thing and delivering another, much like the eponymous TV show, Catfish offers authentic Cajun fare. Given it was her last night, we went all out, with many a course. The tables at Catfish are half personal and half communal. Don't have a reservation? Looks like you're making new friends. Which we did...


We started with oysters - six, or so we thought. Really, we ended up with seven, because one oyster was the mother of all oysters. This thing was the size of my hand. Seriously. Food Blogger was deemed by me the rightful owner of said gargantuan oyster, as the guest, and had to eat it. After falling apart multiple times with lots of comments (It's so big. How am I going to fit this into my mouth??) that were maturely followed with "That's what she said," our table partner departed, thanking us for the most entertaining round of oysters in recent memory.


We followed up the oysters with Crawfish Mac and Cheese. Which, hello...yum! Cheesy, melty, rich, and topped with Zapp's potato chips. We had identical orders of Jambalaya, complete with chicken, shrimp, andouille, and a healthy dose of seasoning. It was fantastic the first day, and even better the second day. Gotta love leftovers!


Catfish is probably one of my new favorite restaurants, although I admit I haven't been back yet. Food Blogger and I ate so much the thought of restaurants is horrifying. My stomach cringes at the thought.

Comments

Popular Posts