Mavericks and Empanadas

Sometimes Apple releases updates to their OS. When they make it free is super exciting and you totally must have it. You'd think because it's all the same platform everything would work. Oh no, stupid. We at Apple basically just want to flip Microsoft the double bird, and shit that used to work for you will not. So buy new iPhoto. But Garage Band and iMovie is free. Also, your copy of Office is dunzo. 

I didn't see that fine print in the Terms of Service, so now I just had to buy iPhoto   And I have no Office suite. Thanks, Apple. Fan-fucking-tastic. I get that you're not Microsoft, but you pulled se real shit there and your attempt at being nice was kinda bulsh. The $15 for iPhoto didn't put me out, but seriously with the Office mess. I know there is some techie blah blah behind it, but I really don't care. You done pissed me off. 

Oh, and that download you anticipated taking forever that you did last night, to be safe. That's not going to work. Now you have to do it during the day. And it will take 5-6 hours. Good. Times. Write your blog post on your phone. Oh yeah, that's happening. 

On to things that don't make me seethe with rage. ("Seethe" just corrected to "Seth." Things that make me want to throw things.)

YumYum and I took a trip to get some good cheap food. She picked Empanada Mama (which I will link later because my effing phone won't let me...MAVERICKS!!!!!)

The restaurant is really small. Like insane small. All of the seating is counter seating. Luckily, we got to sit. Together even! YumYum already knew she was getting a soup, and I decided on empanadas. The empanadas are delivered in a little paper envelopes. Like little presents!! They also came with red and green hot sauces. What they were, I don't know, but they were damn fine. 

I got four empanadas, which ranging from $2-3, it was a cheap meal! Roll call, from the top going clockwise: traditional Columbian ground beef in corn-based shell, spicy chicken in flour, cheese in corn, shredded beef in flour. All of these were delightful. I honestly had a hard time not crushing through them. My favorite was the shredded beef, least was the chicken, however it's not like were any bad. I felt that the cheese had bit more complexity in the flavor and texture combination, an the beefs both had such amazing seasoning that it didn't really stand a chance. 

YumYum got the Pollo soup which has no description outside of "chicken" under the soup column, but don't be deceived by such a simple description. This soup packs some serious seasoning, which we amped up with some of the hot sauces. It had carrots, corn, cilantro, noodle-y things and rice. Now, I don't like soup as a rule. I think it's a nothing food. Simply a filler for when you're sick or broke, but this was not the case flavor-wise. I'd definitely order this for myself. And maybe a couple empanadas. 

I am dying to hit this spot up again, but I'm falling into the classic NY problem - so many options that it's hard to justify a repeat. 

Apologies for typos and brevity. Typed on a mobile device. 

Indeed. 

Comments

Popular Posts