It's a bird...It's a plane...It's...confusing...

You ever notice that you never look up while you're walking some place? This may just be a New York specific thing, but I never look up. I miss all these things - beautiful buildings, street names, people's faces, the sky. I know this sounds silly, but stick with me here. I live in a city of 8.2 million people. I (and by I, I mean Google) would say about 600,000 dogs live here. That is 600,000 dogs that have to go pee and poo and don't have back yards.  600,000 dogs who piss and shit on the sidewalks. I (and by I, I mean me) would say about 150,000 of those people are jerks who don't pick up after doggie. That's a lot of dog shit, and I don't want to step in it. Add in general dirt, garbage, rats, and roaches, and you have some nasty streets. So, I look down. I don't want to step in anything. Or on anything.

Today, I decided to look up. Why? Scaffolding was down, and it weirded me out because my peripheral vision where I normally turn on my walk home was not there. There is a church there. It has a statue. This dude:


This guy seriously caused me some confusion. Who is he? WHY IS HE BREAKING A SWORD IN HALF? Seeing as he's on a church, I turned to Google. But no. Not this time. Apparently, variations of a search with the phrase "bible man breaking sword story" isn't specific enough. But now I'm intrigued. What exactly is going on here? Can someone help me out? I call to comments. I don't think I have enough readers to really get an answer, but please. This is making me crazy. I must know. Help. Me.

Comments

Popular Posts