A Plague Upon Both Your Houses...Or at least your face.

I think we can all agree that we don't like it when our faces break out. When I was a zit-faced adolescent, I was under the illusion that once I got through that really stupid puberty thing, I was going to have wonderful, clear skin. Lies. To this day, I still break out, although not to the same extreme.  However, it is still as irritating as all get out when it happens. Recently, my face freaked the fuck out.  Don't know why, but it did. In days past, I would venture into Sephora and get help from a Sales Associate, but in New York, this is difficult. Those poor people are always slammed and it's near impossible to have the long conversation my face deserves. What's a girl to do? Don't worry, Sephora thought about this, and if you call their corporate line, you can get a free consult. After a lengthy conversation with a very helpful lady, I ended up ordering Glam Glow Tingling and Exfoliating Mud.


This is quite possibly the most bad ass product I have ever used. Championing natural stuff like tea tree leaves, pumice, and French sea clay, this concoction seemed bound to be wimpy. I gave it a try, ready to hate it. It's not exactly welcoming looking - it's a weird grey-green color and has a fine grit to it. Most disarmingly, it has actual chunks of leaves in it. I mixed it up with my finger, put on a thin layer and waited for it to dry.


When they said tingling, they were not kidding. In fact, they probably should have called it Glam Glow Burn Your Acne Off Mud. It's not intolerable, but it isn't a sensation I would rank in my all time most pleasurable list, but hey...no pain, no gain. Word to the wise; If you own a Clarisonic, by no means use this mask after having just used your Clarisonic. The tingle inches dangerously close to the pain line. Do not do this. It is not fun. Trust me. Unless you're a masochist. Then you'd probably like it.

Once it dries, the tingle goes away. I left it on for awhile after, figuring it would pull some more crap out of my face. Parts of the mask started looking like they had pinpoints of moisture, which was most likely oil, or something even grosser. Who knows what was lurking, but it was coming out.


I hopped in the shower and got the mask wet again, rubbed it for a bit for the exfoliating aspect. I was a little apprehensive about exfoliating using pumice. It wasn't harsh and was a nice addition to the mask.  My face was definitely glowing, and when I woke up in the morning, it still was. I have been using this mask for a month now, and I'm happy to say that my face is pretty much clear all the time now. This stuff is pretty pricey, but I think it's worth it. You can get a tiny jar for $20, which has enough in it for 4-5 uses, as you don't need to use a ton. The larger version is a wallet hurting $68 a pop, but reviews said it lasted about six months, which isn't that bad, and if I stay clear it means I am using less makeup, meaning I'm not spending that money, nor trying other things to fix my face and spending even more money, and therefore makes it totally worth it. Girl math for the win.


Comments

Popular Posts