go to a show!

Last Friday, I went to an MIA concert with Sweetness. The show was at Terminal 5. I had never been to Terminal 5 before. Pretty much every person I talked to about it does not like it. Sadly, there are only a few mid-sized venues in New York, so this is what you get.

                       

I have to say, I wasn't in love with the venue, but it's definitely not the worst place in the world. I accept that in the city there is limited space, and when you get the space, you do what you can with what you end up with.

So, Terminal 5 is skinny and long. Bar in back, two balconies either side. Depending on how hard you want to fight, you can get closer to the stage, which would be a good choice for me as I'm a shorty, but alas no. Didn't have it in me, so we were further in the back. To be fair, I am well aware that I'm short - this means I tend to only go to shows for artists I know a lot of the songs for. I solve my not being able to see the stage by dancing the show away, and that is alright by me.


I will complain about concert goers as a whole though. I don't really get the whole filming the show thing. You aren't really participating in the moment, and that's what you paid for. What I REALLY don't get is people who film using iPads. Come on...what. the...Not to mention, it makes it hard for other people to see. By all means, snap a few photos. Document it a little. Don't bootleg the damn event.
                

MIA put on a really good show (from what I could see). She played a good mix of old and new, and updated some of the older stuff so it mixed with the rest of the show, which I personally really liked.

               

The set design was really cool - lots of lights and a really intricate background. And that's that. Nighter!

Comments

Popular Posts